Osteopathy is a gentle, effective hands-on approach to healthcare and is best known for relieving pain and discomfort. Osteopaths are allied healthcare practitioners, recognised by the NHS as fully qualified to diagnose and treat independently. Whatever your age and no matter what challenges you may have with your health, there is probably something an osteopath can do to help you. Osteopaths undergo rigorous training of between 4-5 years and must attend over 1000 hours of clinical training.
Pain – is it your body shouting at you?
The way your body moves influences how it functions. The body is designed to cope with challenges and to adapt when things get tough. However, if injury takes our body by surprise, stress goes on for too long, or work and hobbies push it beyond its comfort zone, it can become overwhelmed and run out of ways to turn.
The end result is often pain and discomfort, whether it be sudden and dramatic, or niggling and non specific. Pain is your body shouting at you that something’s not right and it’s not coping. Are the painkillers masking the cause of the pain? Our Osteopaths will listen and help you find a solution!
What can osteopaths help treat?
- Low back problems – including sciatica, pain and stiffness, ‘wear and tear’, ‘trapped nerves’, disc injuries
- Pain around the head
- Osteoarthritic joints – we can’t cure you, but we are successful at being able to substantially improve the symptoms associated with this condition
- Sports injuries – including ankle injuries, over-strains and over-training injuries
- Childhood aches and pains
- Neck pain – especially when it spreads into shoulder/arm/hand
- Tennis elbow (outside of elbow) and golfer’s elbow (inside of the elbow)
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Shoulder problems – especially rotator cuff and frozen shoulder problems
- Muscle and ligament injuries
- Joint pain
- Pregnancy-related pains
Benefits of osteopathy
Here at Woodside Clinic we have a team of 5 osteopaths and who have treated over 4000 patients just in 2021.
This is what some of our patients say:
- Relief from aches & pains
- Enjoying relief from back pain
- General mobility improved
- Improved posture
- Overall health improved
- I’m a better mum
- Better relationships with family & friends
- Feel better in themselves
- Getting back to work quicker
- Enjoying sports and hobbies
- Now able to enjoy time with grandkids
- No longer have to take painkillers
- Improved productivity
- Sleeping better
If you are struggling, don’t suffer in silence, here at Woodside Clinic we can get you back on your feet faster, call us on Dunstable – 01582 608400 or Leighton Buzzard on 01525 372 447 to book an appointment with one of our osteopaths or you can book online.
All our osteopaths are registered with GOSC, the governing body for osteopathy.
Six weeks after treatment, 98.8%* of patients said their experience of osteopathy was ‘good or very good’
96.4%* of patients said they were ‘satisfied or very satisfied’ with osteopathic care.