Nutritional therapy aims to improve health and well-being by tailoring the foods in our diet to our individual needs. By using nutritional science and identifying potential nutritional imbalances, the therapist seeks to address the cause of the problems rather than just the symptoms, helping you towards maintaining optimum health.
How could nutritional therapy help me?
Complaints that patients visit our nutritional therapist for include:
- Lack of energy
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Skin problems
- Joint pain
- Weight concerns
- Gut disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and bloating
What does a consultation with one of our nutritional therapists involve?
Before the consultation you’ll be asked to complete a detailed questionnaire about your diet, lifestyle and symptoms, which needs to be returned at least two days prior to your appointment. This allows your therapist time to consider the most appropriate nutritional solution for your complaint.
The consultation itself, which lasts around 1½ hours, will include:
- A detailed discussion of your medical history and lifestyle
- A detailed analysis of your diet and nutritional intake
- Linking your symptoms to nutritional imbalances
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if appropriate
At the end of the consultation the nutritionist will prepare a dietary and supplement prescription that’s personalised for you.